View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Hummer Expert

ROUSHDEMON is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Custom TREE Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer9938
Did you just add on to another companies front end guard? I noticed the welds on the raw pics (pre painted) aren't grind ed and the tubing is rusting, where the hood part the tubing hasn't rusted yet, and some of the tubing is already black??? Looks like an SMA modified?

Hey Bimmer what's up?
Yes, like I said in the first post I found my own heavy duty guard online and added my own version of "heavy duty".. it is a SMA design that was discontinued so there were unfinished guards up for grabs, I pretty much got the last of them.
As for the colors before being painted, I used different pipes testing it out to see which one was stronger than the other and which could bend smoother, so it took me a wile, the reason why the top outter pipe is black already is because its a thick gas pipe which is about the same thinkness SMA uses on their stuff, pretty strong stuff too.
Keep in mind that this was my first one and i'm making the rest after a lot of "lesson learned", built better, smoother and so on.
I haven't had time to work on them since I've been working on my roof rack, I'll post pictures soon.
Thanks
20x12 black Rockstars & 35"s. missed.
2005 Black Mustang Roush Stage 1 #05-1058:
Showcar, Procharged 580HP, 20" Gianelle's, Prokit, 1/8 in 7.56secs.
2009 Silver Cadillac CTS Premium
White interior, lots of future mods.