Thread: Hummer vs Jeep
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Here's an opinion from a Jeep owner some of us met this past weekend:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally posted by Damageinc:

Anyway, on the toughest trail,the H2 couldn't make it but tried like **** to!!!- Hats off to them for that!!!!
We all agreed ( H2's and Jeeps ) that they are kinda big to take on the trail and it takes a long time for them to get around...

[quote] I don't remember anyone saying the H2 is kinda big to take on the trails and as far as taking a long time ... I watched the Jeeps go very slow and get hung up while we waited for them. Don't get me wrong about the Jeeps, I now have a new found respect for them but we waited for them on some trails that even my Wife went through with no problem!

If it is enertia you need to plow through a loose gravel hill to get to the top with wheel spinning power- the H2 is the vehicle.If you want to get the RPM up to clean mud out of your tires- the H2 smokes a Jeep.
Now if you are on some technical stuff, the Rubi can sneak over much more. The advantage of less weight, shorter wheel base , and lockers pretty much makes the same ride easier for the Jeep.
We had an H1 with us-trail lead.That thing is MEAN! He made it through everything that we did ( didn't try the really hard trail )but had done it before.
I saw the Hummers struggle on the rocks where the little "tents on wheels" flew through them with the H1. I did get hung up on the shovel a few times- I must get rid of that thing or beat it into oblivion because it is a major fault for the Jeep.

I know the H2 is IFS but they are much more solid than a normal size new IFS vehicle. I think that they are beffier than what most people say about them. There is a ton of weight on all of that though, to move around. The H2 is so big that it has a hard time selecting a good line- it pretty much has to plow forward on the obsticles without lockers.This makes for a tough trip over the rocks because you cannot choose your way- you just point it and hit the gas.

[quote] I'm sorry but did he just say that we plow forward and cannot choose our way??? Was this guy even there on Saturday?? Which 1 is it, does the H2 go toooo slow over obsticles or do we plow over it with enertia??? Point and hit the gas ... what a joke!! Talk about a contridiction, usually people will wait to contridict themselves a few posts later but this guy does it in the same post?? Whateva!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://paragonap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6377&page=4 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>