Thread: Fair trade?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 05:50 PM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fair trade?

Well again, maybe it is me but I dont go with what they sell for or anything like that... I go by what the best I can get for it. Based on a quick run of KBB private seller value, your vehicle is worth AT LEAST 15-17k without any of your add ons.

So again if I was going to sell my truck to the dealership, that is at least what I would want. And of course, if I am trading it in.... I would try for more. Why give them any of your hard earned money easy. If you trade it in for 12 when you should have gotten 15-17, thats like just giving them 3-5k... and if you are giving away money that easy... I will send your my address so you can cut me a check.

Guaranteed with the economy and the end of the month and the end of the year coming up, they will give you more reasons to buy a car from them if you hold out. It is just about being the one who has the upper hand.
Again, they have a car and thats it. And you cant pay bills or employees or put a car in the bank, but you can do all that with money. So remember youre in the drivers seat, you are 1 of very few looking to spend money, they are one of many looking to sell a car.

Personally I hate stealerships and I figure why not make them sweat it out.
Remember stealerships have all these nice buildings and equipment and staff based off the fact that they do their best to sell people cars for the maximum profit, not the lowest profit.

I know I will be watching for your for sale posts on your goodies ;-)