View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

mailsurf is on a distinguished road
Default Off Road fueling problem!

Hi Guys,

Would like to ask if anyone has had this problem.

Hummer H3 2007 3.7lt runs fine on all road conditions, but when off road and after having driven around at angles, a fueling problem develops, I can be driving up a long hill ascent and she suddenly starts to struggle for fuel and sometimes stalls. Once this has happened the H3 struggles to start as if fuel isn?t getting pumped through or air has got into the system. Get the H3 back to level then fuel seems to pump through but more often than not it also continues to struggle to start. After I?ve had this problem, it seems to go into limp mode where power is held back from the engine, can drive it around on a flat surface and its got no pickup and no power, if I keep switching it off and on at some point the engine management light comes on and detects there is or has been a problem, I've worked out that once the engine managment light is on, I can switch the H3 off, disconnect the battery which re-sets the engine management system and all is fine again, full power is back until the same starvation problem happens again.

I?ve done a number of mods and wondering if it?s a mod I?ve done, or has anyone experienced the same problem with a stock standard H3.

Mods done.

Throttle body spacer
Air filter
Branch
Free flow exhaust
Extended fuel tank, but I isolated that for testing this weekend and still same problem

Advice welcome.

Cheers

Adrian