View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 02:21 AM
Hummer Veteran

BUNNY15 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is anyone else stockpiling parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror
LOL...what?

Deuces and 3s are GM. So you can, literally, walk into a 'Chevy' dealer and get the same part that came on your HUMMER. The only way you'd get a 'Chevy or Cadillac' part, as you put it, is if that part was cross-platform from the get go. They're not gonna try to sell you a strictly Escalade part for an H2...why?, because it won't fit.

Long story short...I don't see a problem in the future with getting almost ANY mechanical part for my deuce. It shares so much with the 2500, and they made a RACK of those, so we'll be good.

As for the unique parts, which I see as being mostly interior and body part, I've got a few dash pieces and a grill, my original front bumper....stuff like that; but i mainly keep them because I've modded the ones in my truck and these give me the option to roll back any of my changes fairly easily.

I recently bought a lightly used complete set of dash plastics with no cracks around the screw holes. Got lucky on that set off eBay. Also picked up a brand new in the box factory console. My left ac vent has stress cracks around the two screw holes. I haven't switched it out yet because it still works just fine and the cracks are minor imo. I also kept my factory chrome grille. On a side note, I would be careful about believing that you'll always be able to find parts from a GM dealer. A few months back I tried to order a completely new fuel line set up and was told by three dealers that it was discontinued. It hasn't even been ten years since the last production and already functional parts have been discontinued. Just my 0.02

2003 H2, Moog Idler, Pitman, Up/Low BJ, In/Out TR, Fabtech 6in Lift, Yokohama Geolander M/T 40x15.50x20, Black XD Bombs 20x9, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Yukon 5:13 gears f/r, Hypertech Max programmer, KC 851 HID's 35w, Pioneer DVD/NAV/TOUCHSC, 10" woofers, 6k Headlight HID's, White LED DRL (wired to run w/headlights on),Custom University of Texas gauges, Custom yellow paint. interior, Fuel pump/filter (Feb '13), Rebuilt 4L60E (April '13) & Rebuilt Transfer Case (Oct '14)