View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 07:50 AM

stevomc is off the scale

hi from germany.
first of all. sorry for my bad english.

i got some problems:

1. i dont know about the passlook system.

yesterday i stopped the car in front of my office (we have a barrier in front and have to identify with a RFID system) .. so i stoped.. i had the RFID key on my car-key.. so i stoped and pushed the automatic on "p" and released the key .. opened the barrier and wanted to start the engine again .. an nothing.... i tried 3 times.. but nothing

after releasing the key again ..closing all doors ..open them again i was able to start the engine again.

after that the check engine light was on steady .. for about 2-5 minutes.. then it went off.

today i was stopping in fron of a traffic light and suddenly the engine went down. i tried to start it again. nothing. i waited some sekonds then tried again. nothing. after 3 times i was able to start it again.

2. the engine coolant temperature gage

when i drive and the engine is cold (we have about -3°C in germany now) the engine coolant temperature gage is doing crazy things.. i dont know what that is. when i went for a ride yesterday the gage shows cold .. then in the middle ..then cold again .. i was thinking it wanted to make jokes on me

maybe someone can tell me what that is or maybe someone can explaine the passloock system .. :-(

thanks

carsten