View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 05:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

BUNNY15 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Transmission went out while towing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDPJR
I have an '04 with <70K miles and was pulling around 1200 lbs and notice my RPMs were going up but I wasn't going fwd anymore. Coasted through a green light and pulled over. No lights and no codes to be pulled, 1-D and R do not respond. Fluid is clean and odor free, but is leaking from pan or seal haven't ck'd exactly yet. Some internet searching points to the tranny pump. There wasn't any noise before-during this fail. As the common saying goes..."has anyone had this happen?" Is it worth upgrading to a 4L80E and doing all the mods that go with it?

Mine went out a few years ago just cruising on the hwy. and I had it rebuilt with a few upgrades. I wish I could have gone with the 4L80E at the time, but money was an issue. However, I have not had any trouble with it since, but I do feel some of the shifts a little more with the upgrades I did make. A bit firmer I guess you could say. Good luck

2003 H2, Moog Idler, Pitman, Up/Low BJ, In/Out TR, Fabtech 6in Lift, Yokohama Geolander M/T 40x15.50x20, Black XD Bombs 20x9, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Yukon 5:13 gears f/r, Hypertech Max programmer, KC 851 HID's 35w, Pioneer DVD/NAV/TOUCHSC, 10" woofers, 6k Headlight HID's, White LED DRL (wired to run w/headlights on),Custom University of Texas gauges, Custom yellow paint. interior, Fuel pump/filter (Feb '13), Rebuilt 4L60E (April '13) & Rebuilt Transfer Case (Oct '14)