View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Hummer Professional

Crash ? is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hummer H3 finance/lease question

With GMAC lease stuff, they'll start calling and bugging you about 3 months from the end and trying to get you to buy it..

To start with they are going to try and do a deal that goes by the elase specs.. If yours is anything like mine the residual they put in the lease contract is way over the actual value right now.. I think residual on mine after 3 years was expected to be about $22,000.. That's way over what the actual value is going to be.. Needless to say, don't go with the first thing the offer you..

They are going to keep on bugging you for the next 3 months.. Keep telling them you're not sure if you want to keep it and NEVER ADMIT TO ANYTHING OVER THE LEASE MILEAGES..

By the last month of the lease they'll listen and let you make offers.. If you make a decent offer, they'll jump on it.. They won't have the expense of reprepping, cleaning, advertising and storage..

I'll have been paying $350 per month on the lease for 3 years when things are due. I think offering to pay $350 a month for 4 more years on purchase is a very fair deal.. Will also try to get them to toss in extending the warranty out to 100K miles since they came out with that one month after I got the truck..

Of course it's always up to each to figure out what they feel is a fair deal..