View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

rck0025 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: JL audio Stealth Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGXtreme
I am in the planning stages for my Alpha purchase I you confirmed something I had been thinking about. Was thinking of getting a StealthBox and selling the sub (would prefer to buy just the box) and using Kicker since they are manufactured in the town I live in.

I have Google'd it to death with no success, does anyone know the interior volume of the StealthBox?

No, but I can tell you its pretty damn shallow, and it is reallllllly small - smaller than the housing of the monsoon 8 inch sub (of course it wasn't completely devoted to the sub itself, but you get the idea).

I believe that the magnet diameter and depth is about 4.5 inches on the w1 sub. The w3v3's magnet is about an inch larger. Not sure how that compares to other subs, but I can tell you with this stealth box every inch will count and JL's better subs probably displace too much box volume and air-space. I'm not sure a better sub would even be worth it, considering the lack of box space. JL really dropped the ball on this one and I've been happy with their products for 10 years.

I'd suggest just making your own wooden box and getting a beefier quality sub and putting it where you like.