View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 02:53 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2 Inch Lift on H2.

Man, I appreciate your input. Before I start all this, I'm looking into another lift kit. The reason is because by the time I buy control arms, new shocks, I'll have 1200-1400 bucks in it. If I'm spending that much because of a levelling kit, I'd just as well be better off buying a smaller suspension lift kit. Thoughts/opinions?

Like I said earlier, I didn't want to get a 6" kit simply because that will require taller tires, gears, etc, etc.

....unless of course, I can install a 6" and lower it a bit? Is that possible? I'm assuming that a 6" kit is with the torsion bars cranked up to a certain amount.... what if you didn't crank them that far? Is 6" the minimum you could go?

I talked to a dealer for Cognito and he said they made a 4" kit for the H2.

I looked it up and didn't see anything but did see a 4" kit for an HD2500. Are the front suspensions the same?

Thanks again,

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomp
Hey Mark...you really need to assume that the shock will also need to raise up beyond that 1/4" of space in addition to it raising up above the bolt hole in the shock extension. You also have to consider that bump stops compress when all the weight of your front end comes down hard on the stops. Please take that into consideration.

Yes, the Cognito-Bilstein shocks compress to that of the OEM shocks, plus they are longer for the needed droop required after cranking the TBs.

If the above testing proves that you are bottoming out the shocks, you can still use the shock extensions by switching to the shocks for a 2500HD which are the same extended length as the H2 OEM shock length, plus they compress shorter.