View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Hummer Authority

Wisha Haddan H3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stock 4x4 comparison

Then I created 5 profiles - Rock Crawling, Offroad Trips, Highway Trips, People Mover and Towing - that contain the data points that seem to apply. These profiles (I'm hoping) will show the suitability of the specific vehicles to an intended purpose.

The best scoring method I found was to take a % of the highest data value. For example, the highest ground clearance on my list is 16" (2006 H1 Alpha). The lowest value is 6.7" (2003 Ford Explorer Sport). I divide each data value by the highest in the list and get 1.00 for the H1 and .42 for the Explorer.

For a final score in each profile, I add up the % scores for each data category and divide by the highest value (H1 - 18.1 points). For example, in Rock Crawling, the H3 3.7L (manual) scored 18.17 points and the H3 3.5L (manual) got 17.88. Dividing by the highest value (H1 - 18.1 points), this means a final score of H3 3.7 - .95 and H3 3.5 - .92.

Anyway I wanted to validate my data points and calculations before I start building the software. I've learned a lot from this forum and I appreciate your expertise and feedback.