View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

Egan is on a distinguished road
Default Windshield Wiper Gremlins

So, we're finally getting some rain in Kalifornia and I start having wiper issues with my 05 H2. Every once in a while the wiper would just stop working when it was on intermittent. I have a short commute so I didn't really notice it, and changing the the delay up or down a notch resolved the immediate issue.

However, this morning I had a new, weird problem. About 4 miles into my 12 mile commute, with the wipers on the slowest intermittent setting, the washer fluid sprayer came on and did not stop. The only way I could get it to stop spraying was to push the sprayer button forward and hold it there (for the next 8 miles). I even pulled over and shut off the engine for a minute without success. I kept letting off the switch every mile or so to see if it fixed itself and it wasn't until I pulled into the parking garage at work that it went back to normal operation.

I was planning to pull the washer pump fuse (assuming it's a separate fuse from the wiper motor) but looks like I won't have to.

Any idea what caused this? I'd rather replace the part now than have this happen again in the future. Any idea what part needs replacing?
Cognito UCA's
Kryptonite Tie Rods
Kryptonite Swaybar End Links
Traxda Keys
Traxda Rear Coil Spacers
Bilstein Shocks
TruCool Tranny Cooler
Corvette Servo
Gobi Ranger Roof Rack
Gobi Bed Rack
Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT: Nav, Bluetooth, iPOD, Backup Camera
Valentine 1 w/ Blend Mount