Thread: Header
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 04:41 AM
Elcova Newbie

petreek is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Header

It took a while but I finally put the header on the H3 July 3rd. The work went fairly smoothly, the hardest part is getting the factory header with its integral catalytic converter off the engine and out of the engine compartment. Make sure you have some type of hoist to handle the lift on the header while you twist and turn the manifold to get it out.
The header slipped right in and bolted up with no problem, I ordered the header for the 3.7 and it does have the two threaded holes for the two sensors. The top sensor cable barely reaches the hole but will reach, make sure you tie the cable away from the header so it doesn?t burn.
Once I got the header all bolted up to the engine and the intake back on I started to connect the bottom end and found that the header ends with about a 15 degree down angle and the stock exhaust system bolted in at 90 degrees to the integral catalytic converter. I slipped in one bolt and off to the muffler shop to get the exhaust pipe cut off and re-welded at the correct angle. Tim did a great job connecting the header to the stock exhaust pipe and it only cost me $30.00.
I first impression is that the truck seems to have a little more pep and it sounds great, I changed the cat back exhaust system previously. I haven?t driven the truck enough to check the fuel mileage and will probably get the PCM module re-programmed before I get a chance to check the mileage.
I will be happy to try and answer any questions you may have. Hope this helps!

Last edited by petreek : 07-10-2011 at 04:48 AM.