Thread: HX Opinions
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HX Opinions

The overwhelming response so far is that this rig looks outstanding, and I couldn't agree more.

Hummer has made no secret of the fact that they are calling Jeep out.

In spite of all the comparisons between Jeep and the Hummers (H1's, H2's and H3's), the Jeep always used in comparisons between the brands has been the Wrangler, even though the Hummers are really in the Grand Cherokee and the Commanders price range.

This time Hummer is targeting the Wrangler, by far Jeeps most capable rig. Style-wise this battle is over as far as I'm concerned, the Hummer kicks the Jeeps ass. However, styling is not what has sold most of those Jeeps over the years, ability is. I have my fingers crossed and am hoping that Hummer brings the rest of the package as well, strength and articulation are why the Wrangler alone in the Jeep line-up still sports solid axles. If Hummer is going at the Wrangler (and telling everybody about it), this HX (H4) concept better be able to compete. It won't win the fight on looks alone, without a loss of credibility to the Hummer brand (a pro wrestler might look tough, but I would bet money on Fedor Emelianenko).

I think the aftermarket that is so essential to long term success in the 4x4 world, will embrace this rig if Hummer brings ability to the platform.

I sincerely hope they have some kind of (strong-ass) rabbit up their sleeve with that fully independent design, or I'd rather see them stick 2 solid axles under that thing (Dana 60's, they could leave the lockers and reservoir coil-overs too ).

Style won't get us up Pritchett Canyon.

Man, I hope Hummer gets this thing right.

Last edited by RuggedH2 : 01-11-2008 at 11:03 AM.