View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 03:55 PM
Hummer Expert

twenty2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP! Rear Driver Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror
Yeah...that's a tough one. After thinking about it, it's almost got to be a combination of a faulty actuator and the 'child safety' lock being engaged. If it were the rods, it would have to be both rods; the one connected to the exterior door handle AND the one connected the interior handle. It's like your lock simply isn't unlocking...hence neither door handle working. The fact that you can't unlock it by sliding the manual control indicates to me that the child safety is on.

Have you tried just removing the bucket around the interior door handle and seeing if you can fish around inside with a coat hanger or a slim jim or something (prolly too tight of a squeeze); beyond that you could try a slim jim on the outside (which I don't think would work either since it's a newer vehicle). The only other option that comes to mind would be to physically break into the door from the outside
An apparent weak point on these trucks are the exterior door handle buckets. Many people have apparently experienced break-ins where the assailant jimmied a screw driver under the bottom of the bucket and broke away the plastic to expose the rods. This would definitely give you access to interior of the door.

http://www.jimmijammer.com/JJ%20desc...,%20021200.htm

I wouldn't recommend going with a screw driver. If it were me, and I was determined to DIY, I'd order a replacement bucket off of ebay (they're pretty cheap) and then use a Dremel to carefully cut around the interior edge of bucket and remove the whole damn thing. Then I'd get my hand in there and feel around for the actuator/rods and try to unlock it that way.

Or you could just take it to a professional...lol.

Thanks for the info and schematic on door... I'll keep you guys updated... Might have some beers b4 tackling this all day..
2003 H2 Lux Series. Murdered Out! 20x10 Eagle Wrapped with Nitto Mud Grapplers 35x12.5x20 Full tint including windshield, full LED interior, K&N Intake, HID Headlights & Fogs, Plasti Dip Skid plate & front/back Lower Bumpers, List goes on!