View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 06:10 AM
Hummer Expert

tyler1bo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LIFTED HUMMERS THREAD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Much
Just to throw in some more sass on the lifting discussion... if you are going to lift, I suggest you go with the 6". What happens is you decide to go not so big, just enough to get tire clearance. This is what I did the first time, think I went with the skyjacker 5.5". Anyway, I was getting a little rubbing from the 37's, not much though. Over time, you keep looking at it and you think it could be a little meaner, a little more tougher, so you start thinking bigger wheels, bigger tires, etc. What happens is you end up switching things up and running out of space- lift is maxed, keys are torqued, and there is no more room. You are already in it to deep to drop everything and throw on a bigger lift.

6" is perfect, lets you get up to 40's minimal rubbing and it really looks the best in my opinion. Really balances the size of the truck with the wheels under it without making it look like a redneck monster truck. It's a good look though, looks even better if you drop the side steps. I really wanted to go with Bimmer's 24x40 look, but that was costing an extra few thousand to go that route over my current one, so I stuck with the 20's. Either way, from my experience it is just better to give yourself some breathing room and go with a 6" from the start. Trust me, if you go lower than that, you will pay for it over time second guessing and changing stuff up to get closer to that look. I know I still am.

By the way, nice cars guys! My marriage cut me short of the black on black sports car; was really looking to get into a black on black Lotus Evora. Guess I can only hope for that promotion at work.

I saw in your earlier pics that you changed to a rancho? Are you still running the rancho with the 40's?
AMP Research Steps
10" JL Audio sub w/ box and amp
Truxxx Lift 2.5" F-1.5" R
4" Rancho Lift
Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust
K&N Cold Air Intake
Spare Removed
RealWheels Eliminator Kit w/o hooks
Defenderworx hooks
Body matched grille
Ford Raptor 6.2L emblem
GS Creations Plexi-glass tail light and front turn tint