View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 12:53 AM
Hummer Expert

Beastmaster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr. I - Man:
Thats what I was thinking and 70watts is not that bad considering some jackasses are run 80/100 watt piaas in their OEM buckets </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but those 80 watt PIAA's are only putting out 3800 lumens. 6000k HID's put out 5000 lumens.

So, for 70 watts of draw, you're able (if you can get the high/low beam to do BOTH at the same time) to put out 10000 lumens of light. That's painful....and yet very, very fascinating! I know that even with the high cutoff range of the Hella E-Codes, there would be a TON of light leakage with both high and low beams on at the same time.

If I didn't have this spare HID set that I'm waiting for a fellow Hummer owner to pay for (on vacation right now), I'd get one of them and swap these in place of my McCulloch's.

You know, I just thought of what I just said. High beams will leak light anyways past the horizontal glare line - so who cares?