Thread: Regearing?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 02:49 AM
Hummer Professional

H2Much is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Regearing?

I too am running 4.88's and 40's on the tires; I love it and drives great on city streets and on highway. The only part where I am having a power struggle is when I get going over 70mph and there is any incline in the road. This will cause my ride to struggle a little bit on power and causes it to jump into 3rd gear. I am rocking the 4 speed too though, so I know that the power distribution will be different if you have a 5 or 6 speed, so keep this in mind.

I have been researching to see what is going to be the best option for me to fix this dilemma. I want to avoid the supercharger based on the ridiculous cost, so I am looking into the following: a turbo, a custom tranny, any little upgrades like a throttle body spacer, any other custom works to get the added muscle I need to roll at higher speeds. If it comes down to it and I end up having to go the supercharger route, than I will more than likely buy a new crate engine that is more powerful than my existing one and spend the $5 G's towards something that won't blow up.

Then again, I am always open to feedback from you pros out there who have been there, done that...
Sweet looking H2 with not enough mods (2003 Pewter H2, 20" Rockstars, 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's, E&G Extended Flares, Full body tube steel exoskeleton, 5" Skyjacker lift, Amp Research steps, Gobi Roofrack and ladders, Smoked LED's, AFe CAI, Dynatech long tubes and cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Stock tune, 4.88 gears, Chrome Grenade Shifter, interior blacked out, rear captains chairs, Solar Power!!)