View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 02:16 AM
Hummer Veteran

Drew Slothower is off the scale
Default new roof rail, rear brakes, rear diff leak fixed

33k miles, had some warranty work done today.

Driver side roof rail was replaced several months ago. The passenger side roof rail finally cracked so I got that replaced today. When I went up to check the work on the rails, I noticed a different design. There is no rubber lining on the outside, and the design looks a little different up top. I don't like having two different designs, I feel it is noticeable enough. I'm going to call Hummer Customer Service tomorrow and ask if there is any way to get a matching part up there... Any of you guys experienced this with your rail replacements?

Rear brake noise... I had the common rear brake noise that has been posted through the forums. I thought last service visit it was fixed by some resurfacing and some tweaking by the tech.. but it only lasted about 2,500 miles. Since this was the 3rd or 4th time I've had service on this, this trip they replaced the pads and rotors with new parts under warranty. Hopefully the new parts fix the issue once and for all.

My final service was for the rear differential, it was leaking oil. They confirmed the leak, replaced the gasket, and replaced the oil.

I don't know how you guys feel, but I'm on the 50k miles warranty... I'm not looking forward to getting out of warranty...I've had more service than my Nissan and Mazda combined!

(I did get the 100k mile warranty for my head replacement...)

Last edited by Drew Slothower : 04-12-2008 at 11:47 AM.