View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Hummer Professional

Hunner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H3 Curb Weight with "stuff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve - SanJose
So your rig weighed in at 5620 lbs. vs advertised weight of 4700 lbs., difference of about 920 lbs.

920 lbs. less driver weight of 208 lbs and 1/2 tank of gas at 75 lbs = 637 lbs.

Are you carrying 637 lbs. of other liquids and other crap in/on your H3? Wow.

Ok, I got a winch, brush guard and winch mount, Rola rack, cross bars, Mickey Thompson MT which are 33 but bigger and heavier, RockyRoad Rock Rails with added 3/8 x 3inch piece, ladder type undercarriage protection, spring shackle skids, Roof lights, tailight guards, I do have a custom camera mount but its only about 10-15 lbs, 40lb tool bag, Husky 25lb, 2snatch blocks, straps and other "stuff" Yep and that is before cameras, laptop,ice chest, passenger and if camping all of that, whew I should be able to handle high winds. I still dont have a high lift jack or shovel, how did the Rat Patrol carry all of this? I don't have a muffler so that is less a 50 lb hemroid! I too was surprised when I started weighing stuff and adding it up. Then if I tow my Whaler, I may have to get a permit! The picture was before I went nuts adding equipment. This set up weighed 7420. I will have to weigh again to see what the boat adds to present set up. All things guessed if the H3 was 4700 at this time the boat would be 2420.
Attached Images

Traded 06 I-5 for 08H3 ALPHA/Adv,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn 9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner rear/shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola rack,2GoLights,Hunner steering gear mount,Purple Cranium diff guard,BulletProof tie rods,ARBsnorkle, SyKlone prefilter,Hunner intake pipe.

Last edited by Hunner : 01-24-2007 at 07:42 PM.