View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 09:36 AM
Hummer Professional

H3PAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Red & Blues reinstalled :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3.007
Blue is the only color that volunteer firefighters and rescue personal are permitted to use in PA, unless you are brass (chief, asistant chief, etc.).

When I used to run, I didn't bother with the blue lights. As soon as the state police would spot a "blue lighter" coming, they would hit them with radar. Several folks got pegged for speeding tickets on the way to calls. My stealth theory worked and I was never pulled when responding.

I don't get it. If you have to obey all traffic laws while responding, what is the purpose of the lights? I always pull over and yield the right of way to ANY emergency vehicle, including volunteers responding to a call. I notice that alot of people don't though. They are either oblivious or they just don't care. Why don't the police nail the asses who don't get out of the way instead of harassing the volunteer? I'd love to see the look on jackass's face when, after ignoring the volunteer with his blue light on, and refusing to let him pass, he turns the corner and sees his own house engulfed in flames with nobody there to put it out. Got marshmallows?

Name:  fire.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  42.1 KB