View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Hummer Expert

Klint is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Red & Blues reinstalled :)

Well I guess you guys all have valid points. There are alot of people that do not know how to drive I will be the first to admit sometimes I do get in a hurry to house fires when people are trapped or a wreck / car fire where people are trapped. But I do not drive like an idiot, I do not blow red lights or stop signs. I have been known to drive fast and have got in trouble a few times.. Then again I was driving our Fast Attack fire truck down the interstate a few weeks ago and they clocked me at 95MPH and didn't like that because Fire Trucks don't stop very quick. The truck has 30 Gal of foam and 300 Gal of water. Side note water weights 8.256Lb's per Gal.. The only reason I didn't get in trouble for that is because in that truck the speed od. doesn't work it was showing 75 which is just fine.

I have been doing this for a long time and I really do not see very many people saying I WANT TO RUN INTO A 800DEG. HOUSE AND PUT IT OUT! If you don't have us "volunteer?s" who is going to put out your house? the city? I think not! Think about that next time you see someone that's a volunteer, we risk our life, we pay for our gas and do not get paid a dime. The reason I do it is because I love to help people. I love when someone comes up and says thank you because you just saved there house, pet, or child from the fire. People look down on us because we aren?t paid fire fighters, but to be honest I have went to more fires than more than 2/3?s of the paid city firefighters. I a bachelors of science degree, and more than 9 years of experience in fire fighting. What I am trying to say I am not just some hot headed red neck that wants to play with that there water gun. Most all of us on my dept have degree?s and have all been to fire school an EMT and HazMat certifications.

Just alittle side note I have been to over 300 House fires, put out around 1000?s of Acre?s of grass and brush fires and more wrecks that I can count. Again thank your local fire dept when you get a chance!