View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 06:58 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale
Default Re: 2005 H2 Tricked out online

Just a correction I have worked with Hummers eng. on my program for power all the way through power train and engine is fine with primary upgrade is adding the newer heads from a vette LATER after 550HP, it needs more air flow ability. The bottom is in their words bullet proof it was built to run in 3/4 and 1 ton 4x4 trucks and dually's pulling heavier loads rather loads not factory approved. The new tranny in 2005 came out with 5 planetary gears instead of 4 with a hardened carrier. There are some external tricks to also do to make tranny handle 550HP and some enternal like chromed input shaft to go ahead and help it be ready. The front and rear diff you have to be kidding. They were put on the H2 for a reason off-road extreme use. Depending on size of tires etc. you will need to change gear ratio. Some of this is common sense I'm repeating I know but, some do not know it. On tranny when I blow up tranny with simple mods going to my 750HP I have custom tranny picked out to take me to 1000HP which will include more simple air and fuel increases of course. That is basic for nitro dragsters whatever is it requires increased fuel and air same with plugging a hand held tuner you buy and plug into your Hummer. It adjusts timing etc. to get you more fuel and air as well as tranny shift firming up. Guys if you do nothing to your rigs with a tuner but, set tire size and firm that tranny really up it has paid for itself.

TAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik H3
I could not imagine they have that much in it... but if you buy it you may be able to add the rest.

123,000 miles on a transmission that was not build for 550HP, on an engine that was not built to handle boost, a transfer case, front end and rear end... you get the picture.

Looks cool though.
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges