View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 02:49 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dna:
I'm in the market for a 2003 H2. I live in Vancouver BC and plan to import from the US. Here in Canada, one with 30,000 miles (or 50k kms) sells for $51k cdn or $41k us. In the US, an equivalent H2 sells for about $35k US (at least $6k cheaper).

Anyone import one into Canada? Were there any modifications that had to happen to certify it as a Canadian vehicle? I have imported my 1999 Indian Chief from the US and it was a piece of cake. I'm hoping a H2 will be as simple.

By the way, why the @#$% are H2, Indian m/c and almost every other rare or upper class vehicle SO much cheaper in the US than in Canada? I guess it is the supply/demand rule at work. Though really makes it a pain in the ass to get a good deal like you guys in the US get every day.

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>First problem is you're in BC. Everyone knows that's trouble. For the most part, nothing but freaks live there.

Second, Yes. One or two on the forum have imported there. And yes, they are freaks.

As far as Indian's and HUMMER's being cheaper here, well, they're made here. And you all are freaks.

Just ask your BC buddy aboot it, eh... Damn freaks...