View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 09:59 AM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cant say enough about Sewell in Dallas

I took my H3 in today for the first time 15k miles after I bought it. It never needed anything so I never needed to take it.

I was feeling lazy and needed an oil change and tire rotation and decided just to pay someone. In addition, i had one of the first H3s out so I had that infamous belt squeak when humidity was high and cold. So I took it in to Sewell for a lil tlc.

While giving it to Andy and detailing my list of todos he mentioned some other GM things that needed to be fixed - even though they werent a problem on mine they fixed them during my oil change and rotation which was nice.

And to my surprise - they gave me another new H3 as a loaner for the day. I dont know what other dealers typically do but i was surprised. I have had 3 new C5 vettes in the past and even a Z06 and not once was i ever offered a free loaner from those 3 dealerships when my vettes were in for service. I always had to ask and the best I ever got was a rental voucher that wouldnt even cover the cost of a Geo Metro. So I always had to upgrade to a better rental and have out of pocket expense. The same was true for my girlfriends Tahoe. They never "gave" her a loaner, only a rental voucher.

So, I know Sewell isnt a huge "discounter" and I know they dont want to be known as one. They strive on service as they told me when I bought my H3 and I can now say since I had never needed to try out "thier service", I can say now that they will take care of you and they make you feel like you made the right descision buying from them even after 1.5 yrs later. I was treated like I was there about to order 5 new ones.

So, if you are in TX and or around the Dallas area. Give them a chance, they have earned mine again already when the V8 comes out.