View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 09:35 PM
Hummer Veteran

joedirt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lift or Leveling Kit

Well, I had the truxxx lift and although it gave me the correct height on the front, I wasn't 100% impressed. The stock torsion keys are made better (cast iron or steel), and had a much better fit. The Truxxx keys had some nice welds but were giving me some pops and squeaks (like others on the site). I even removed them and lubed some of the major components, it helped but didn't get rid of it entirely. Truxxx said to give it a couple weeks for the kit to settle; I gave it 2 months and no change.

You are better off at cranking the stocks and installing some Bilstein Cognito Shocks made for cranked torsion bars, rather than the truxxx kit. The only difference in the truxxx kit as compared to the stock is that the truxxx key is offset a hair to give a little more cranking room...don't need it in my book, and some extended shock brackets. Just crank the stocks and get some extended shocks. Also u might want to add some new aftermarket bump stops as the stocks will be too short.

If you are serious about lift, nothing beats a lift kit. I just don't have $3000 to drop. A lift will pretty much keep the stock driveline angles and not cause increased wear on front end components. Cranking the torsion bars is a quick fix for big tires.

Hope that helps.