View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Hummer Veteran

seventwozero is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Quick question: Toyo MT vs BFG KM2

I'll second the Toyo's (although I've had no experience with the KM2..). I'm pretty supprised at how quiet and smooth the Toyo MT really is, I personally don't think they are any louder than the stock BFG AT's. The Toyo seems to have a lower pitch howl on the road where the BFG AT was a bit more of a higher pitch whine. I never drove the H2 on the stock AT's but I did have the 33" size on my F150 and I would say the Toyo's are as smooth if not more of a smooth ride than the BFG AT, granted I'm running the 37" on my 2 and there is a lot more sidewall to eat up road impact.

I do know there was another local (Fargo, ND) member on this forum that was running the 38" KM2's on his H2 and mid-winter he was franctically trying to sell them due to the horrible traction he was getting. I have good expectations for my winter use of the Toyo MT, they heavily salt/sand the roads up here so ice shouldn't be too much of an issue, mostly the deep snow we get. Another option you may want to look at are the Mickey Thompson MTZ or ATZ tires, both of them have an agressive tread pattern and appear to have excellent siping for wet/winter road driving.

Overall I've been very happy with the Toyo to this point, regardless of how much I paid for them.

Last edited by seventwozero : 10-09-2010 at 11:55 PM.