View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 01:06 AM
Hummer Novice

HoosierH3 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: JET or PCM for less???? Need direction.

Ok...Sorry i opened this can of worms again. I realize it has been debated multiple other times here and this thread is starting to look exactly the same as the other threads regarding PCM for less. I was just hoping for some input on JET, but obviously, no body has tried one.

HummBebe-I can't quite understand the negativity and doubt from you, since you have no real direct experience with PCM for less (It looks to me that you never used them?) nor any other programming company from what I've read on this site (Looks to me that you are running the stock computer waiting for the world to end that maybe a "proven" "dyno'd" program will arrive with the second coming??? It seams that you are out to bash PCM for some reason. Yes, Multi Million dollar Dyno testing would look great on paper, but what would it really prove? Bottom line, I'm looking for seat of the pants return for my dollar. As it was stated, new intake systems and aftermarket exhaust provide the majority of their performance at WOT which is just not realistic for a daily driver. I'm looking to improve the daily drivability of a poorly tuned stock factory vehicle.

I don't quite trust the other site that was mentioned, http://www.coloradofans.com/viewtopic.php?t=44414. It seams they censor anything they don't agree with and a bunch of Colorado owners running around tuning each other's vehicles for the cost of their gas does not seem to "proven" either.

I think this post has led my decision toward using PCM for less as their legit competitors are charging considerably more. I've got a service date coming up next week, after that, I'll be contacting PCM. I'll post back afterward with my confirmed results.
Hoosier