View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 03:07 AM
Hummer Novice

fllaw1 is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Exhaust Gasket leak and stud broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Ed
I replaced all of mine (both sides) and it is not really bad job, just takes some time and some "grin and bare it" too when parts are in the way of getting another part removed. Examples, had to remove a O2 sensor to get to a manifold to exhaust pipe nut removed. Then I had to un-hook front drive shaft to get to another manifold to pipe nut loose. Just a bunch of small things to make the day go by before ya know it

I had all kinds of 1/2" extensions, rachets, sockets, knuckles, vise grips and so on and was able to get it done in a afternoon and evening and not had a problem since, the new manifold bolts are of a different design and should last longer, larger head and a bigger radius under the head causing less of a fracture point.

Part way down this page you can see all the parts http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=38098

Oh yeah, $2500.00 is too much in my book

Ed
ED, I am thinking of doing the same thing you did and replace everything to my 03 it has 23k miles on it and the bolts look a little rusty from the exterior. What do you recommend to remove them with out breaking them off, I was thinking of hosing them down with Penetrating oil before I do it.