View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 06:07 AM
Hummer Veteran

yzergod is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rear E-Locker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewie
Are they Jeep / DC employees?

I'm sure some were in the beginning. But now it is so common that aftermarket companies are offering kits. DC stated that they did not want to offer it as an option due to liability reasons (i.e. soccer mom munching rear diff in mall parking lot because she hit button accidentally) just like f5fstop stated above.

My point is that it (should) be an easy fix for somebody to figure out and the reasons stated for wanting to do it are sound. I completely understand why f5fstop doesn't want to publisize how to do it and I wasn't giving him crap. I just said it was too bad that there wasn't a quick fix out there as the original poster's reasons for wanting to do it seemed logical to me. I'm sure somebody will eventually post how to do it. If you're stupid enough to do the fix and then munch your locker, then I agree you shouldn't claim it under warranty. But, just because GM (or Jeep) doesn't offer it that way from stock is no reason to discourage somebody from doing it IMHO.

Geez, you guys are sure quick to jump somebody's ass if they don't follow the norm like sheep around here!
"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is."

Last edited by yzergod : 10-27-2006 at 06:10 AM.