View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

Sheriff is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Roof rack cross bars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craZybastrd
I have a question

I want to buy roof rack cross bars for my h3, but I do not want to pay the OEM price from hummer. I found a few bifferent ones on ebay and want your thoughts.

ARIES BLACK ROOF RACK CROSS BARS - $198.00

HUMMER PARTS CLUB NAME-BRAND Roof Rack Cross Bars - $185.00

Aries claim theres are the best (Off Course) and the other claims that all these cross bars are made by the same manufacturer and are identical. Do all these look like the OEM bars?

Thanks for any help.

I didn't do an extensive search, but from the little I read most of these are identical to the GM stock ones that sell retail for over $500 (can find cheaper). I saw the Aries version offered by more of the "reputable" dealers, so that is what I decided to go with. Saturday I did a search on eBay and saw an auction from G-Style that had theirs at 5% off ($188) for a few days, plus free shipping. They are on the way! Here is one of their auctions (back to $198...sorry!):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ARIES-BLACK-ROOF-RACK-CROSS-RAIL-BARS-06-08-HUMMER-H3_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33654QQihZ009QQitemZ 190212244512QQtcZphoto

I should get mine in the next couple of days (I hope!) and will post a review. A freind here at work has an '08 w/ the stock cross bars. I will try to get him to let me look at his for a comparison!

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"