View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

Sheriff is on a distinguished road
Default Re: After Leveling and Cognitos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave92270
ProComp MT's are sturdy, heavy duty, 3-ply, with very strong sidewalls..can't go wrong with those; in the terrain I don't fear sharp rocks anymore. I bit regret that I didn't step-up to 35's, but that size presents some drawbacks too, so the 33" is overall nice. If I'll get H3 with V-8 engine some day down the road, I will consider 35's but with 3.7L I-5 I'll stick with 33's. Oh, M/T type tire does the justice to the truck...wouldn't bother with less aggressive threads. I thought that freeway ride will be bad, but it is pretty good and not too loud at all either (which is off course subjective, what may sound quiet to one person could be loud for someone else etc.).. good luck with your choices, but I think any quality brand M/T (BFG, Toyo..) you can find around the town will do the job.

Excellent feedback, THANKS!! Considering I own a Harley w/ true duals and every performance vehicle I have ever owned usually got an exhaust upgrade right away, I'm not too worried about noise. Instead of "Loud Pipes Save Lives", maybe we should get some T-shirts made up that say...

LOUD TIRES SAVE LIVES!

I kinda like that. Think I'll put it in my signature!!

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"