View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 10:37 PM
Hummer Professional

mountainbiker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My key is stuck in the ignition switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin8703
from what i am understanding is that your battery is not dead and the car works just fine, its just that the key wont release. heres something else to think about. It might be that the shifter thing that sends the shifter position is malfunctioning. Try disconecting the battery and then reconnecting it in an attempt to "clear its head", dont know if that will work.
Tonight I have had the battery disconnected a few times as I am also trying to debug a battery problem. However, it would not surprise me to find out that is was the result of the battery at some stage.

Background: I had the OEM battery go bad, i.e., not accept a charge. I replaced it with a new Optima, and it was working. Next I worked on the lights to get them ready for Europe. After about 25% of the light work, I tried the battery -- it was dead. I figured it hadn't charged, it was new, I might of had something on while I was working, etc. So, I am not ready to say yet if I have a battery problem or not. Right now idle, it is reading 12V. With the engine running, it read 14.5V. Once started, I can disconnect the battery and it keeps running.