View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 05:04 AM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

This past weekend I took the H2 up to the cabin and took a trail (near Lake Wenatchee) that I used to take my Land Rover. I took advantage of the TC2 and made use of the extra wheel spin I needed in some areas of mud/snow/slush. My Land Rover did not have this feature.

However, a feature of the Land Rover I really like is the “descent control” option. After crossing over a stream there is a hill and a sharp drop-off on the other end. During winter or in muddy conditions I’d turn on the descent control traction feature and the Rover would tread lightly down a slippery slope almost as if on cruise control. The weight of the H2 made a mad dash down the same hill and the ABS immediately engaged when the brake was depressed. The H2 never lost control but I felt more in control in the Rover going down that hill.

Also, I think the size of the H2 makes it difficult to pave new trails through the woods without a spotter. I felt like I could navigate through the back woods in my Rover with a little more confidence because of its narrow width.

However, the H2 dominates when it comes to sheer torque and I never felt like I was going to topple over as I did several times in my Rover. As for the Rubicons, I can’t comment since I’ve never been off road in one.

But if you want real perspective, ask a valet where he parks a H2 versus a Rubi…
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)