View Single Post
Old 06-14-2003, 10:17 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Cadillac Escalade. Last year I finally made up my mind to buy my first SUV, a big black and mean Escalade.

I like big automobiles, there is really no new sedan that is big enough. Cadillac sedans, MB S class, BMW 7 are the only sedans I can consider, yet all too small. Got a Jaguar already. I had no choice but to buy a SUV. I went to buy a Cadillac Escalade but ended up with a Hummer.

Offroad was, is and will be totally irrelevant to me, my only impression of offroad was/is those very dirty and mean looking people on modified Jeeps with huge wheels you see on Sunday TV shows, these are factual but NOT derogtory statement or images. As a socially active family, we have never met an offroad person in real life. A member here once said "you feel sorta ostracized for not being some kind of hardcore offroader.", how can that be when I am just like 95% of the Hummer owners. If it is true that most members here offroad, which I highly doubt it, many are just faking it for peer pressure, then I alone represent the other 95%, while all of you represent the 5%.

Just casual fun talk, don't nobody get all excited jumping up and down to defend offroad, again. No need, read carefully, I am not make fun or light of offroad.