View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 07:08 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Group of *******ers Destroys Alpine Meadow???

I guess they all should pay for stupidity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondage on HXC
I think a lot of us, who have been called everything from paranoid to delusional, want to know the full story here. I've spent the morning researching it. I love this question from Rich:

"Why choose this thread to attack her? Whether we like it or not, Bebe and Alec's concerns have come to fruition....."

Of course they have. Bebe, not getting sufficient satisfaction for her ranting here on the forum, called The Western Slope 4 Wheelers and turned in the abuse - citing Hummers in particular, and the HXC in general as being responsible for the damage. Now, in fairness, she and Alec are offering to pay for the seed, etc. as this group repairs the trail. Very generous and commendable. But to pretend to be shocked when the Hummer bashing ensues is disgusting. She is, as a friend of mine puts it, "off the deep end." Wanting to get the damage fixed and paying for it out of pocket is commendable. But that could have been done without bashing Hummers and the HXC. That, and the fact that it was kept a secret, make it painfully obvious that her motives were not so pure. Of course their concerns have come to fruition - they have made SURE of that!

I love this one, too:

Sewie - "If trying to protect the image of the club is hurting your feelings....." How, exactly was she trying to protect the image of the club? Seems just the opposite to me. When we don't bow down at the Queen's feet and obey her every whim, she turns the club in to the authorities through the local 4x club!

So, to recap, Bebe (I don't understand the full extent of Alec's involvement - perhaps he'll enlighten us) reports the club for trail abuse, then is shocked and enjoys this pious "I told you so" attitude when the shiite hits the fan - enjoying the role of saviour and putting out the fire. Reminds me of those stories you read where the fireman sets a fire - only so he can discover it and be the big hero when he puts it out. It makes me sick. If Bebe wanted to do the right thing, she could have done so without besmirching the Humer brand or the club's image. There was ABSOLUTELY NO NEED TO EITHER MENTION HUMMERS AND THE HXC OR TO KEEP IT A SECRET. The lies, deceptions, and trickery are appalling.

So. to the two of you, as Alec suggests, thank you for getting the damage repaired and for paying for it out of your own pockets. The FS and the BLM are involved now, and fines may well be coming HXC's way - and for that, rather than a thank you, I offer a huge F*CK you and your crusading, pious, self-righteous, sef-important, lunatic, fanatic zealotry. F*CK you for smearing this club's name so that you can feel oh-so-important. F*CK you for pretending to be shocked when Hummers get slammed on forums - after YOU set it all up.

I'd like the full and true story to be spelled out here by Bebe and Alec. Failing that, I move that Bebe be removed from the club and that she be banned from the forum. Once again, what she did, in a general sense, was commendable! And once again, the way she did it was detrimental and counter-productive. I know this - I'll never hit a trail with her again. I need to trust the folks I'm out there with - not be looking over my shoulder to see if any small mistake I make is going to be reported to the authorities.