View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 08:01 AM
Hummer Professional

H2Much is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Exhaust Gasket leak and stud broke

Agreed. I had one of those worthless exhaust manfold bolts break off in my engine head, had to have the head pulled. Even after that, the mechanic broke every drill bit known to man trying to drill it out so had to send it to special place to have them torch the bolt out. Had to have new aluminum added to the head and have the hole rethreaded, freaking nightmare. All that, plus replacing the gaskets... $1000. Now, with this being said, you just need to find a decent mechanic, end of story. With what you paid for what you got, you might as well had the dealership bend you over and welcome you to prison.

I found me a mechanic, been doing everything on my ride for the last 5 years, including the repair I mentioned above. Once you build that rapport and trust with someone, they are less likely to take you for a ride and are more likely to take care of your Hum like it was their own. Just my experience...
Sweet looking H2 with not enough mods (2003 Pewter H2, 20" Rockstars, 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's, E&G Extended Flares, Full body tube steel exoskeleton, 5" Skyjacker lift, Amp Research steps, Gobi Roofrack and ladders, Smoked LED's, AFe CAI, Dynatech long tubes and cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Stock tune, 4.88 gears, Chrome Grenade Shifter, interior blacked out, rear captains chairs, Solar Power!!)