View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 01:19 AM
Hummer Professional

mountainbiker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My key is stuck in the ignition switch

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN - my key is stuck again! It has been working fine...until...

It is after midnight here. I just picked up my wife at the airport a little while ago. On the way back from the airport, I switched on my SMA roof lights ... nothing. When I got hope I checked the fuse for the lights, and it had a blown 10A fuse. (This fuse is not in the fuse box. It is an external run and connects right next to the mega fuse.) Not thinking I popped in another one, and it immediately blew. I didn't have any more, so I said I'd just mess with it in the morning. This is when I also noticed the key would no longer come out of the ignition.

Now, thinking about it. I could have sworn there use to be a was a 125A fuse, but I think the HUMMER dealer put a 10A fuse in there after my recent visit to them. It didn't dawn on me at the time, but I do recall them saying they swapped a 125A fuse because it was too large. I think maybe it wasn't?

What fuse are you using for your roof lights? I bet it is more than 10A?

I am thinking my key is stuck again, because I blew something when I put in that 10A fuse. The sun roof and wipers don't operate. I have checked ALL the mini fuses, and they appear okay, but I have to be missing something. Do you have any ideas what I could check to try to get the key out?

Last edited by mountainbiker : 11-10-2006 at 04:25 AM.