View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 10:22 PM
Hummer Professional

31_bandits is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why the FJ Cruiser is no Threat to the H3

This isn't meant as inflammatory, and certainly Moon seems like a nice guy and has superior photoshop skills, but:

what is the obession of

A) comparing wildly modified 4wd's to stock H2s
and
B) calling wildly modified 4wd's "jeeps" or "four runners"

its not a jeep anymore by the time it makes the internets glory-pages. and that's not a landcruiser.

Does the presence of a Supra or 10 somewhere in california that can run a 1/4 mile faster than an Enzo mean that Toyotas are faster than Ferarris?

What that landcruiser does has nothing to do with what a landcruiser can do, it has something to do with the skill, budget, time, and knowledge of the modifier.

And remember that, like an H2, a landcruiser is a really nice truck. comfy and reasonably quiet and smooth riding and you can put people and stuff in it and all of those.

and by the time you make the above changes, you'll have mangled some or much or most of those virtues...

so you haven't necessarily gained or improved, you've changed.

I admire the H2 for being such a good offroad machine AND nice/comfy/smooth/quiet. plus its cool.

Lets see a stock landcruiser outclass an H2. If it can, it can, and that wouldn't shake me up much. I've got 50 years left to be old and crusty and drive something germane, sedate, and acceptable among the tea & crumpets crowd.

For now, i'm just going to continue to marvel at the H2s ability to do what only it can do - generate an emotional reaction from basically everybody.

Last edited by 31_bandits : 06-06-2006 at 10:25 PM.