View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

My insurance through Farm Bureau of MI went down about 200 a year, and that was from a '03 Vette. At the time, I was the first at Farm Bureau to insure a H3, and the agent had to get the price from the home office. He said they based the insurance price on the H2 history for claims (theft and accident), then backed off the price due to replacement costs being less, and also backed off due to a smaller engine.
They gave me discounts for the passkey anti-theft feature, OnStar (I have to prove it is active after the first year free service to keep that discount), ABS, and the agent asked if an auto or a manual, and the auto was less expensive (he thought it was due to the stability control feature).

In addition, at that time, NHTSA crash tests were not completed, only information from GM was available, so hopefully, now that it got a five star (driver) four star (passenger) head on, and a five star side, and a low rollover (for an SUV) it might go down.

I can't believe they are involved in that many accidents, and I can't believe they are high on the theft list...yet. Only way to steal one is to tow the damn thing, unless a person leaves the key in the vehicle.
I would guess the reason the price is high is there is no true history on the vehicle, it has been on the market less than a year.

Call around to other companies....