View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 11:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

jacob is off the scale

Here's an email from Davy regarding some questions timgco asked...I'm very interested as well and his questions mirrored my own:
1.Non torsion bar drop kit. Keeps bars up in stock location. Really cool. Knuckles, new cv shafts, cross member drop front and rear. lower skid plate, sway bar links front and rear, shackles for the rear/leafs, Chrome monotube 5100 shocks
2.The factory rim will work with a P metric tires. It works just fine as seen.
3. We use our 5100 series Chrome Shocks. Monotube nitro 9000 model.
4. Rides exactly just like stock. Torsion bars have the same pre load torque as factory. No cranking on bars. Work in same factory range of motion.
5. 37's do not rub.
6. Selling price is 1999.95.
7. Winch plate is ours. It will be about 249.00 dollars. If you buy a T-max winch at that time, we will do you a deal on the plate.
8. We are about 100 days out on the kit before we can sell. Testing stage is done and we will slowly be getting parts in over the next 60-90 days.

Thanks
Davy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:27 PM
To: Davy Lee
Subject: Hummer H3 Lift... [text][html]

I recently saw a post on an H3 forum with pictures of the new Rough Country 5 inch suspension lift on a Yellow H3. That lift looks GREAT! I couldn't find any information on your web site about it. I'm extremely interested in this product...along with every other H3 owner who saw the post on the forum! I have a few questions about the kit and was wondering if you could help me out. Attached is one of the pics from the post on the forum I read. FYI...here's the link: http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/9811023941

1) What parts come with the kit?
2) Is the factory rim width of 7.5" and 12.50 wide tire sufficient? I thought you had to run at least a 8" wide rim to fit a 12.50 wide tire???
3) What do you use for shocks?
4) How does it ride vs. stock?
5) Did those 37's hit the fender or airdam in the front? Any rubbing issues at all? What is the actual tire size and brand?
6) How much will this kit be selling for?
7) Where did you find a winch mount for that H3? (I've been looking everywhere for one)

Any information you have regarding this kit would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Jacob Davis
Rapid City, SD