View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Obama Wins!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyX
Hey Rox.

I don't like Obama, nor do I like McCain. I do however like them both more then I like Bush, and believe either one of them would do better then Bush. The war in Iraq, and the bailout are my two main reasons for hating Bush. I believe both are terrible for the economy, and just plain stupid...and IIRC..both of those ideas came from Bush, and not Congress. Sure Congress had to OK them, but they still started with Bush.
So it wasn't a vote for change or anything in particular, but a vote against Bush even though he wasn't running. The bailout plan was tried 2 years ago, and got stopped in Congress because no one believed what was coming.

You know, a couple of weeks ago I heard a friend of mine predict 18% unemployment within the next 2 years. Not if Obama was elected but because we don't have the infrastructure in our country to offer jobs to people that lose them in the financial industry. The strengthening dollar should help that some, but I was surprised to hear that needless to say.
Who gets blamed for high unemployment if they can't help stimulate the economy? Usually the sitting President. I sure hope he was wrong. I'd like to see Obama change his constituants from takers, to doers. Maybe they can use him as an example of how you can change your life if you try hard enough instead of sitting back and waiting for a handout. You know we live in a Democracy, it's not the same as England, France or Canada.

Personally, he lost my vote because he doesn't think showing respect for the Flag of our Country really matters that much and he couldn't even cast a vote Yes or No on hardly any legislation while he was in the Senate. Now that he's President-Elect, is he going to show us pride for the country that elected him? Will he actually take a stand and tell us what he's going to change, or just test the winds? It's time for him to lead. I'm afraid he doesn't know how.