View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Elcova Rookie

veganite is on a distinguished road
Default Re: v8 H3 in 07 or early 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindzebra
hey venga. considering 3 of your 4 posts are on this thread, I'm going to be more than a little hesitant to believe you. Not to mention, I don't think hummer will ever put the same exact engine in the H3 as the H2. A deisel is the next logical step, or a bored v6. If you're right, cheers.... But I doubt it.

Your right you have no logical reason to trust me. All I can tell you is what I have heard through someone else. However a diesel is much less likely then a hybrid V8 (yes V8). The H2 has a 6.0l not a 5.3, but the current 6.0 dosent produce the amount the 08 model will...its more about HP then the same engine. I have heard that GM has hybrid technology via the transmition rather then external motors in each wheel. That is what they would use. but focus just on a flexfule V8 before anything else. Consider the tahoe has a 300+ hp v8 and weighs 5500lbs, what would a 4900lb H3 do with the same power.

Edit: A diesel (smaller then the 6.6) would be possible but would you rather have a Hybrid V8 that has virtually the same torque (electric motors make a lot of torque relative to HP) and more total HP? Toyota chose that route with its current lexus models. It could even be a future H3 alpha. I think that is what GM may do. just speculation.

Last edited by veganite : 11-06-2006 at 10:56 PM.