View Single Post
Old 01-24-2003, 03:37 PM
\"Hummer\", heh, heh \

\

SJ: First, I appreciate your willingness to engage in constructive debate and stick to issues. It sounds like so far we are on the same page. I don't have an agenda to tell people what they can or can't buy, and if at the end of the day, they choose differently, I respect that. In fact, I would encourage people to buy a reasonably sized SUV if that's what their family's needs are.

However, at the same time, I believe most people don't understand the implications of that choice on the environment and geo political concerns. None of the SUV backlash backlash articles or opinions I have heard actually attack the merits of actual arguments, just the people making them. Therefore, I feel that a lot of people are continuing to make decisions on bad data.

I was never an "environmentalist" until 9/11, but I think that event was serious enough for me to actually downgrade the size of my own next car purchase to something that meets my needs more efficiently, and try to find people who are fooling themselves into believing that terrorist money really comes from drugs, not oil and encourage them to do the same.

Jason

[This message was edited by "Hummer", heh, heh on January 24, 2003 at 10:04 AM.]