View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 06:21 AM
Hummer Veteran

Rred is on a distinguished road
Default Re: just a couple winter pics from Alaska

It's tilted back because of the angle of the driveway. It slopes down, and my truck was sitting on the apex of the little slope. Plus, I was standing up from it. Just the camera.

And I was TDY up to Fairbanks back in November. It's a whole new beast up there. Every morning I watch the local Anchorage news and Fairbanks is roughly 30 degrees colder. I have a soldier I deployed with 07-09 up there. As far as the drive north, I haven't gone passed Talkeetna*. Road was fine all the way. Alaska has changed dramatically since the 60's. I want to do a drive up to the North slope this summer. Also, the 4x4 clubs are something else up here. The terrain and holes up here will make your butt hole pucker up or swallow your truck alive.

We have snow by the feet up here. But we don't get the big storms like the lower 48. It just snows really consistant for 4-5 days, accumulating around 8-10" an hr. It's awsome. I'm from northwest Indiana, right there on Lake Michigan. We get wicked lake effect and nasty cold to your bone weather there around this time of year.

Blistiens at all four corners, leveled, 35" Toyo M/Ts