View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 03:55 PM
Hummer Expert

Aubs is off the scale

I have to say I just looked at one of these today, and what a POS! It's the Fugly Jalopy. The model was $33,--- and it's so far from the quality of the H3 inside. Cheap, rough plastic crap everywhere, chinsy controls (the AC controls are so large they look cartoonish), and the seats and doors sounded and felt unappealing. The rear hatch was my favorite. It opened with a jumpy motion instead of a smooth flow. Not nearly as heavy as the H3 rear hatch, and when you closed it, the vehicle felt just as light.

Outside, the underbody has stuff hanging out everywhere, and the pumpkin in the rear looks like it hangs lower than the H3 shock mounts. Very messy underneath. I'll believe it's off-road abilities when I see it follow behind any Hummer on the trail.

EDIT: Perhaps I saw a model without underbody protection. I don't remember everything neatly covered.

For the cheap feeling of this thing inside, and the freakish looks outside, I can't see how this will be an H3 competitor.

So now, as when I first posted, the FJ Cruiser is no threat to the H3. Obviously, the vast majority of buyers will probably buy it "because it's a Toyota".