View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

hummer.dad is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ultimate iPod adaptor and 10Min install

Ok, here is my update. I contacted the dealer this morning and explained the ipod adapter install. They said the tech would check it out and see what could be found. They traced it down to an update for the power train control module. They reprogrammed the power train control module and believe this will solve the problem. I'm going to continue using the ipod adapter to see if I still get the flashing lights. I'll let you know what happens. If it does start again, I'm going to uninstall the nucleus and see if the lights flashing stops.

I have sent some emails back and forth with AI and they recommended I send my nucleus unit back for a replacement. They are going to investigate to see what they can find. I did tell them about my dealers response. I'm going to stay in touch with them as I continue to use the adapter to be sure we isolate the problem. AI did point out that noone should modify the nucleus unit as it is manufactured to have the proper ground in the harness.

I'll keep everyone posted on my findings. I'll have an hour drive back from the dealer tonight, so this should be a good test. My last 2 hour long trips have caused the lights to flash, so we'll see what happens.