View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

How easy does the fuse cover come off with the compressor on there.I would be carefull removing with cold temperatures.I broke 2 clips when temp was about 20-25 deg. It was only $19.00 for replacement at the dealer.In the cold I would warm up engine before removing.

Also on that 4th mounting hole, I was thinking(I think to much) of glueing down a washer on lid and using the original rubber foot as a bumper against it.This way it wont bend down in that corner if presure is applyed and posibly crack plastic.It couldnt hurt.

I think my brothers getting me hard line for relocating the male end ,thats what they use on the big rigs .It might be a little harder to run lines but all the hardware will be at no cost.

Im sure you will have lines installed before I get to it next weekend.
I do recomend you get a heavy duty quick connect for removal or to shut down if switch malfunctions.(I guess you could pull the fuse)

This install for $100.00 is great.An alternitive to those high priced setups.
Good luck with rest of install.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.