View Single Post
Old 09-15-2003, 02:30 PM

SJ is off the scale

Michigan K9SAR:

It's more than just being based in Germany:

1. DC's CEO is German
2. DC's Board is mostly German
3. German's CONTROL the products that will be funded for development and offered to consumers.
4. Wall Street Journal, Business Week, and other Biz publications rank DC as German when they do their annual International rankings. Ford & GM are American.
5. Intellectual or 1st-tier input into the products is increasingly a German affair for DC Products.
6. More DC parts are Mercedes sourced - engine for new Jeep CRD Diesel option as one example.

There's no need to debate; when the USA becomes relegated to a 2nd-tier producer then maybe some day you'll understand. The attitude that "it doesn't matter," is something I can't relate to. You're entitled to spend your hard-earned dollars how you see fit - that's the American way.

I have my convictions and that's all there is to it. I'm far from ignorant on the matter, given that even industry experts and professors will debate over how "Buying American Brands Helps the Economy."

I refuse to proliferate a Japanese brand. Taken one step further, if nobody cared about buying American, then we'd have a nation with all foreign brands. How proud can you be when tourists come to America and all they see is Toyota, Volkswagen, etc.? It'd be a sad day to know that the USA is reduced to a 2nd-tier producer for other people's products.
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png