View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Hummer Professional

31_bandits is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why the FJ Cruiser is no Threat to the H3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roktoy
Being a former 4runner owner with 33's then i went with a few jeeps, locked F/R with 35's, now I own a hummer. Not sure why all the hatred towards other vehicles, I respect those vehicles, wrangler is a great vehicle, FJ is really good too, i respect any manufacturer that will produce a vehicle with a rear locker.
Anyway about toyota's they measure the ground clearance at the center of the front differential skid, which is why their ground clearance is overstated.

I do not presume to speak for everyone, only for myself.

But i think what might seem like antagonism towards other vehicles is more reaction to hummer-bashing that frequents the web.

For example, the signature that i have on my posts currently pokes a bit of fun at jeep owners. I have always liked grand cherokees, they're good lookin (and wildly common around here, wildly).

I think jeeps are cool, and i think its neat what people do to make modified 4WDs, and i think all these different vehicles are neat, from 'Benz Gs to land rovers and beyond.

However, the behavior towards hummers of the online jeep community is (while fascinating) little short of deranged. Outside of the 100s of threads devoted to nothing more than H2 bashing, the preparation of videos with fake footage, and all of that, there are threads boasting about vandalism done to H2s, condoning violence towards H2 drivers and worse. Their behavior is completely preposterous.

Dig through to the beginning of this board - the old threads - people with no knowledge of hummers first or second hand come on the board, insult the vehicles, insult the owners, and get completely silly. And not silly like a room full of high school girls, silly like an idiot.

And as such, i think that hummer owners may tend to stick up for their vehicles a bit.

Plus, this is a hummer forum, and at least one member who is not a hummer guy has actively campaigned for the FJ against the H3, and i feel that the H3 is a better truck, and better built for offroading, and so i entered what thoughts i could in its support.

And i wasn't FJ bashing or Landcruiser bashing above, landcruisers are cool, very nice trucks. But they are no H2 offroading unless wildly modified.

And i dig wildly modified vehicles as well, but they aren't "jeeps" anymore, and that was my basic point.